Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Support the lower control arm with a suitable stand.
- Hold the tennon end with a wrench while removing the nut.
Remove the nut.
Remove the upper insulator. Do not discard the plastic pilot ring.
Remove the shock absorber mounting bolts at the lower control arm.
- Remove the shock absorber through the lower control arm from below.
- Support the lower control arm with a suitable jack in order to align the tennon with the mounting hole.
- Install the shock absorber through the lower control arm from below. Insert the tennon through the mounting hole in the upper spring pocket.
- Align the shock absorber with the mounting holes in the lower control arm.
Install the shock absorber mounting bolts to the lower control arm. Tighten the bolts to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
NOTEThe upper insulator must be installed above the shock mounting bracket on the frame. The plastic pilot ring will assist the alignment of the isolators.
- Install the upper insulator to the shock absorber.
- Install the nut to the tennon end.
- Hold the tennon end with a wrench while torquing the nut. Tighten the nut to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Remove the support stand.
- Lower the vehicle