Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
NOTEDO NOT reuse the wheel drive shaft nut, replace with new.
Remove the wheel drive shaft nut and washer.
Remove the steering knuckle assembly.
Release the wheel drive shaft by placing a brass drift against the tripod housing. Firmly strike the brass drift with a hammer to release the drive shaft. Left side shown, right side similar.
Remove the front wheel drive shaft from the vehicle.
- Install the front wheel drive shaft in the front differential.
- Install the steering knuckle assembly.
- Install the new front wheel drive shaft nut and washer. Tighten the front wheel drive shaft nut to 191 ft. lbs. (260 Nm).
- Check the fluid level of the front differential. Add fluid if necessary.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Lower the vehicle.