Removal & Installation
SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations and the precautions and procedures before doing repairs or service.
Do not attempt to repair or alter the head impact energy-absorbing material glued to the headliner or to the garnish trims. If the material is damaged, replace the headliner and/or the garnish trim. Failure to do so could result in personal injury.
Use care when working around the head curtain inflator module. Sharp tools may puncture the curtain airbag. If the head curtain inflator module is damaged in any way, it must be replaced.
If a vehicle is equipped with a head curtain inflator module ensure that the inflator module and tether are undamaged. If tether or curtain airbag are damaged in any way, they must be replaced.
Remove the windshield garnish trim moldings.
- Remove the windshield side garnish bolt hole finish plug.
- Remove the windshield side garnish screw.
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Remove the windshield side garnish molding assembly.
Remove the screws and the sunshades.
Remove the screw and sunshade anchor.
Remove the lower center pillar trim and trim panel clips.
Remove the upper center pillar trim and clips.
Remove the upper body side trim panels.
- Remove the upper body side garnish bolt hole finish plug.
- Remove the upper body side garnish screw.
- Remove the upper body side garnish molding assembly.
- Remove the upper body side garnish retainers.
- Remove the cargo and dome lamps.
Remove the assist handles.
- Remove the weather strips around the top of each door opening and the top of the end gate.
- Place the rear seats in the stowed position.
- Remove the front seat head rest.
Remove the headliner retainers.
Remove the headliner trim panel assembly.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors behind the windshield pillar trim.
- Place the front seats fully forward with the seatbacks fully reclined.
- With the aid of an assistant, remove the headliner out the back of the end gate opening of the vehicle by lifting the left hand side and lowering the right hand side.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.