Removal & Installation
Special tools required:
J 8092: Universal Driver Handle- 3 / 4 inch-10J 21128: Axle Pinion Oil Seal Installer (8.6 inch)J 23690: Axle Shaft Bearing Installer (8.6 inch)J 2619-01: Slide HammerJ 45857: Tone Wheel and/or Bearing Remover
- Raise the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the rear axle housing cover.
- Remove the axle shaft.
Remove the axle shaft seal and the bearing from the axle housing using the J 45857 and the J 2619-01.
- To remove the seal only, use a suitable seal remover.
Install the axle shaft bearing using the J 23690 and the J 8092.
- Drive the axle shaft bearing into the axle housing until the tool bottoms against the tube.
Install the axle shaft seal using the J 21128.
- Drive the tool into the bore until the axle shaft seal bottoms flush with the tube.
- Install the axle shaft.
- Install the rear axle housing cover.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Fill the rear axle.
- Lower the vehicle.