REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Open the glove compartment door, release the door retainers and lower the door.
- Remove the screw attaching the recirculation duct support bracket to the instrument panel cowl.
- Remove the vacuum connection to the recirculation door vacuum motor. Remove the screws attaching the recirculation duct to the heater assembly.
- Remove the recirculation duct from the heater assembly, lowering the duct from between the instrument panel and the heater case.
- Disconnect the blower motor electrical lead. Remove the blower motor wheel clip and remove the blower motor wheel.
- Remove the blower motor mounting plate screws and remove the blower motor from the evaporator case.
- Feed the blower motor electrical connector through the evaporator housing.
- Position the blower motor into the evaporator housing. Install the retaining screws, making sure the mounting seal is in place.
- Assembly to blower motor to the shaft aligning the flat on the shaft with the flat on the inside diameter of the blower wheel hub. Slide the blower motor wheel onto the blower motor shaft until the wheel is fully seated.
- Install a new blower motor retainer on the blower shaft to retain the blower motor wheel.
- Connect the blower motor electrical lead to the wiring harness.
- Install the recirculation duct using the retaining screws.
- Install the glove compartment door to its original closed position, then connect the negative battery cable.