REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument panel finish applique.
Depending on vehicle application, the control assembly may be retained to the instrument panel by Torx® screws, in which case a Torx® head screwdriver must be used to remove them.
- Remove the four screws attaching the control assembly to the instrument panel.
- Pull the control assembly from the instrument panel opening to allow access to the rear electrical connectors.
- Disengage the wire connectors from the control assembly by depressing the latches at the top of the connectors and pulling.
- Disconnect the vacuum harness and temperature control cable from the control assembly. Discard the used pushnut from the vacuum harness.
- Connect the temperature cable to the control assembly.
- Connect the wire connectors and vacuum harness to the control assembly using new pushnuts.
Push on the vacuum harness retaining nuts. Do not attempt to screw them onto the post.
- Position the control assembly to the instrument panel opening and install the four attaching screws.
- Install the instrument panel finish applique.
- Connect the negative battery cable, then check the system for proper operation.