Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Disconnect the engine oil pressure sensor electrical connector.
Remove the engine oil pressure sensor.
- Install the engine oil pressure sensor and tighten to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Connect the engine oil pressure sensor electrical connector.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check oil pressure switch for any signs of oil leakage.
- Check electrical connector for poor connection or damage.
- Verify continuity on circuit and proper gauge operation.
- Remove the oil pressure switch to install an oil pressure gauge.
- Verify oil pressure is 50-80 psi at 1000 rpm.
- If oil pressure is as stated, suspect faulty oil pressure switch.