Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Support the rear axle with tall jack stands near each rear shock absorber.
- Remove the U-clips from the rear brake hose brackets at the rear axle.
- Remove the lower shock bolts.
- Using the tall jack stands, slowly lower the rear axle in order to remove tension from the rear springs.
- Remove the spring.
- Remove the upper spring seat/jounce bumper from the spring, while leaving the lower spring seat on the axle.
The rear springs are indexed with the colored tag toward the rear of the vehicle. No up/down or side to side orientation is required.
- Install the upper spring seat/jounce bumper on the spring.
- Install the spring with the spring tag toward the rear of the vehicle, making sure the lower coil is seated into the lower spring seat.
- Using the jack stands, raise the rear axle in order to compress the rear springs.
- Install the lower shock absorber bolts.
- Reposition the rear brake hoses in the axle brackets.
- Install the U-clips to secure the brake hoses.
- Lower the vehicle.