Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Support the rear axle with tall jack stands near each rear shock absorber.
- Remove the U-clips from the rear brake hose brackets at the rear axle.
- Remove the lower shock bolts.
- Using the tall jack stands, slowly lower the rear axle in order to remove tension from the rear springs.
- Remove the spring.
- Remove the upper spring seat/jounce bumper from the spring, while leaving the lower spring seat on the axle.
- Install the upper spring seat/jounce bumper on the spring.
- Install the spring with the spring tag toward the rear of the vehicle, making sure the lower coil is seated into the lower spring seat.
- Using the jack stands, raise the rear axle in order to compress the rear springs.
- Install the lower shock absorber bolts.
- Reposition the rear brake hoses in the axle brackets.
- Install the U-clips to secure the brake hoses.
- Lower the vehicle.