REMOVAL & INSTALLATION Temperature Control Cable
- Locate the heater control valve under the hood and disconnect the temperature control cable from the heater control valve and arm.
- Locate the air mix control arm and heater control cable under the dash and disconnect the cable.
- Set the climate control temperature to MAX COOL with the ignition switched ON .
- Reconnect the heater control cable to the air mix control arm assembly under the dash. Make sure the cable sheathing is flush against the stop.
- Access the heater control valve under the hood and move the heater valve arm away from the firewall to the fully closed position.
- Attach the cable end to the heater valve arm.
- Hold the heater valve arm in the fully closed position while applying a light load toward the firewall on the cable sheathing to remove any slack in the cable.
- Clamp the cable into the heater control valve.
- Test the operation of the unit to make sure no binding occurs and repair as necessary.
Air Mix Control Cable4-CYLINDER ODYSSEY MODELS
- From under the dash, remove the clip securing the heater duct, and remove the duct.
- Release the clamp securing the air mix cable housing.
- Remove the center console.
- Remove the radio/cassette player.
- Remove the self-tapping fasteners securing the heater control panel to the center console, then release the electrical connectors by pressing in the tabs at the bottom of the connector.
- Cut the inner cable on the control lever side and remove both inner pieces.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut completely through the end of the cable housing to release the cable, then using a small flat blade screwdriver, remove any residual pieces from the cable stop.
- Hook the end of the new cable to the lever and push the cable housing into the cable holder until it locks in place.
The balance of reassembly is the reverse of the removal procedure.