REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The automatic transaxle is removed in the same basic manner as the manual transaxle (refer to for Manual Transaxle, Removal & Installation). The following exceptions should be noted during automatic transaxle removal and installation.
- Remove the center console and control rod pin.
- Remove the front floor center mat and control cable bracket nuts.
- Raise and support the front of the vehicle on jackstands.
- Remove the two selector lever bracket nuts from the front side.
- Loosen the bolts securing the control cable holder and support beam and disconnect the control cable.
- Disconnect the transaxle cooler lines from the transaxle.
- Remove the transaxle together with the engine. Remove the engine mounts and torque converter case cover.
- Remove the starter motor and separate the transaxle from the engine.
To install, reverse the removal procedures. Pay close attention to the following points:
- Be sure that the stator hub is correctly located and moves smoothly. The stator shaft can be used for this purpose.
- Align the stator, stator shaft, main shaft and torque converter turbine serrations.
- After installation of the engine/transaxle unit in vehicle, make all required adjustments.