REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Firmly apply the parking brake and block the rear wheels.
- Raise and support the front of the vehicle on jackstands.
On some vehicles, it may be necessary to attach a chain to the clutch cable bracket on the transaxle case and raise just enough to take the load off the center mount; do not remove the left engine mount.
- Position a clean drain pan under the engine, remove the drain plug and drain the engine oil.
- If equipped, it may be necessary to remove the center beam and the engine lower mount.
- If equipped with flywheel dust shield, it may be necessary to remove it.
- Remove the oil pan-to-engine nuts/bolts (in a criss-cross pattern) and the oil pan; if necessary, use a mallet to tap the corners of the oil pan.
- To install, use new gasket(s), sealant and reverse the removal procedures. Torque the oil pan-to-engine nuts/bolts to 9 ft. lbs. Refill the crankcase with clean engine oil.