REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. On some models, it will be necessary to remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the ground cable, the spark plug wires (if necessary) and the throttle cable (if necessary) from the rocker arm cover.
- If equipped, remove the PCV hose from the rocker arm cover.
- Remove the rocker arm cover-to-cylinder head nuts, the washer/grommet assemblies and the rocker arm cover.
If the cover is difficult to remove, use a mallet to bump it loose.
- Using a putty knife, clean the gasket mounting surfaces.
- To install, use a new gasket, sealant (if necessary) and reverse the removal procedures. Torque the rocker arm cover-to-cylinder head nuts, evenly to 7 ft. lbs.