REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Rotate the crankshaft to align the crankshaft pulley (1170cc and 1237cc) or flywheel pointer (CVCC) to Top Dead Center (TDC) of the No. 1 cylinder's compression stroke.
- Remove the upper timing belt cover bolts and the cover.
- Loosen the alternator and air pump (if equipped), then, remove the pulley belt(s).
- On all vehicles, remove the water pump pulley-to-water pump bolts and the pulley.
- Remove the crankshaft pulley-to-crankshaft bolt. Using a Wheel Puller tool, remove the crankshaft pulley.
- Remove the timing gear cover retaining bolts and the timing gear cover.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure. Make sure that the timing guide plates, pulleys and front oil seal are properly installed on the crankshaft end before replacing the cover.