REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Rotate the crankshaft to align the crankshaft pulley (1170cc and 1237cc) or flywheel pointer (CVCC) to Top Dead Center (TDC) of the No. 1 cylinder's compression stroke.
- Remove the upper timing belt cover bolts and the cover.
- Loosen the alternator and air pump (if equipped), then, remove the pulley belt(s).
- On all vehicles, remove the water pump pulley-to-water pump bolts and the pulley.
- Remove the crankshaft pulley-to-crankshaft bolt. Using a Wheel Puller tool, remove the crankshaft pulley.
- Remove the timing gear cover retaining bolts and the timing gear cover.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure. Make sure that the timing guide plates, pulleys and front oil seal are properly installed on the crankshaft end before replacing the cover.
Be sure not to upset the timing position already set (TDC).