REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 7
- Place a clean drain pan under the radiator. Remove the drain plug from the front side of the engine block and the drain the cooling system to a level below the water pump.
- If the water pump and alternator operate from the same drive belt, loosen the alternator bolts, move the alternator toward the cylinder block and remove the drive belt.
- Remove the pulley-to-water pump bolts and the pulley.
- Remove the water pump-to-engine bolts and the pump together with the pulley and the O-ring seal.
- Using a putty knife, clean the gasket mounting surfaces.
- To install, use a new O-ring (or gasket) and reverse the removal procedures. Torque the water pump-to-engine bolts to 9 ft. lbs. and the pulley-to-water pump bolts to 9 ft. lbs. Adjust the drive belt tension. Refill and bleed the cooling system. Operate the engine to normal operating temperatures and check for leaks.