REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The battery is located in the engine compartment on all models.
- Make sure the ignition switch is turned OFF .
- Disconnect the negative battery cable (1st), then, the positive cable from the battery.
- Remove the battery holddown clamp nuts, the clamp and the battery from the vehicle.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures; be sure the battery is seated correctly on the battery tray.
Before installing the battery, it would be a wise idea to clean the battery posts and the terminal connectors.
- Install the positive battery cable (1st), then, the negative battery cable. Coat the battery terminals with a non-metallic grease; this will keep the terminals from oxidizing.