REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise the vehicle and support on jackstands.
- Remove the front catalytic converter flange fasteners at the flex joint and discard the flex joint gasket, remove the rear U-bolt connection.
- Separate the catalytic converter inlet and outlet connections. Remove the converter.
- Install the converter to the muffler. Install a new flex joint gasket.
- Install the converter and muffler assembly to the inlet pipe/flex joint. Connect the air hoses and position the U-bolt.
- Align the exhaust system into position and, starting at the front of the system, tighten all the nuts and bolts.
- Check the system for leaks. Lower the vehicle.