REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Open the hood and protect the body with covers to protect the painted surfaces.
- Mark the hood hinge locations on the hood for proper reinstallation.
- Holding both sides of the hood, unscrew the bolts securing the hinge to the hood. This operation requires a helper.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Check hood for proper fit and operation.
See Figure 1
The hood can be adjusted with bolts attaching the hood to the hood hinges, hood lock mechanism and hood bumpers. Adjust the hood for an even fit between the front fenders.
- Adjust the hood fore and aft by loosening the bolts attaching the hood to the hinge and repositioning hood.
- Loosen the hood bumper lock nuts and lower bumpers until they do not contact the front of the hood when the hood is closed.
- Set the striker at the center of the hood lock, and tighten the hood lock securing bolts temporarily.
- Raise the two hood bumpers until the hood is flush with the fenders.
- Tighten the hood lock securing bolts after the proper adjustment has been obtained.