REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Open the trunk lid and position a cloth or cushion to protect the painted areas.
- Mark the trunk lid hinge locations or trunk lid for proper reinstallation.
- Support the trunk lid by hand and remove the bolts attaching the trunk lid to the hinge. Then remove the trunk lid.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Check truck lid for proper fit and operation.
- Loosen the trunk lid hinge attaching bolts until they are just loose enough to move the trunk lid.
- Move the trunk lid for and aft to obtain a flush fit between the trunk lid and the rear fender.
- To obtain a snug fit between the trunk lid and weatherstrip, loosen the trunk lid lock striker attaching bolts enough to move the lid, working the striker up and down and from side to side as required.
- After the adjustment is made tighten the striker bolts securely.