REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the front of the vehicle safely.
- Remove the front wheels. Rock the upper ball joint back and forth, replace the upper control arm bushings as follows if there is any play.
- Remove the self locking nuts, upper control arm bolts and upper control anchor bolts. Separate the upper ball joint using a suitable ball joint separator.
- Place the upper control arm assembly into a suitable holding fixture and remove the self locking nut, upper arm bolt, upper arm anchor bolts and housing seals.
- Remove the upper arm collar. Drive out the upper arm bushing, using a suitable drift.
- Replace the upper control arm bushings, bushing seals and upper control arm collar with new ones. Be sure to coat the ends and the insides of the upper control arm bushings, and the sealing lips of the upper control arm bushing with grease.
- After Step 6 is completed, apply sealant to the threads and underside of the upper arm bolt heads and self locking nut. Install the upper arm bolt and tighten the self locking nut.
- To complete installation reverse the removal procedure.