REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Meter Case Assembly
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. From the rear of the instrument panel, remove the meter case mounting wing nuts.
- Disconnect the speedometer and tachometer drive cables from the engine.
- Pull the meter case away from the panel. Disconnect the meter wires from the connectors.
Be sure to label the wires to avoid confusion during reassembly.
- Disconnect the speedometer and tachometer cables from the meter case and remove the case from the vehicle.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures.
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Loosen the steering wheel column cover screws, then, remove the upper and lower covers.
- Remove the steering column bolts (remove the upper bolts 1st) and rest the steering assembly on the floor.
- From the rear of the instrument panel, remove the switch panel screws.
To release the switch panel, remove the switches in the following manner:
- Remove the light switch by prying the cover off the front of the knob. Pinch the retaining tabs and pull off the knob.
- Remove the wiper switch by pushing the knob in and turning counterclockwise, then, remove the retaining nut.
- Remove the choke knob by loosening the set screw, then, remove the retaining nut.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures. Check all systems for proper operation.