REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Mark and remove the steering wheel.
- Disconnect the column wiring harness and coupler.
Be careful not to damage the steering column or shaft.
- Remove the upper and lower column covers.
- On models so equipped, remove the cruise control slip ring.
- Remove the turn signal canceling sleeve.
- On later models, remove the switch retaining screws, then remove the switch.
- Loosen the screw on the turn signal switch cam nut and lightly tap its head to permit the cam nut to loosen. Then remove the turn signal switch assembly and the steering shaft upper bushing.
- Assemble and install by reversing the above procedure. When installing the turn signal switch assembly, engage the locating tab on the switch with the notch in the steering column. The steering shaft upper bushing should be installed with the flat side facing the upper side of the column. The alignment notch for the turn signal switch will be centered on the flat side of the bushing.
On earlier models, if the cam nut has been removed, be sure to install it with the small end up.