REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Motor and Regulator
ACCORD, CIVIC, PRELUDE
- Remove the trim plate and the speaker.
- Remove the screws attaching the armrest.
- Remove the door trim panel by removing the attaching screws and the clips then pull it upward.
- Lower the door glass until the mounting bolts can be seen.
- Disconnect the power window harnesses, remove the screws then the armrest.
- Support the glass and remove the glass to regulator attaching bolts.
- Remove the regulator mounting bolts, then take out the regulator through the lower hole in the door.
- With the regulator removed from the door panel, remove the attaching bolts and the motor from the regulator.
The regulator gear will move suddenly when the motor is removed, because the regulator spring is tensioned against the gear.
- Install the window regulator assembly.
- Install the glass.
- Connect the power window harnesses and install the armrest.
- Install the door trim panel.
- Install speaker and trim panel. Check for proper operation.