REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2All Models
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the halfshaft.
- Place the halfshaft in a suitable holding fixture. Remove the boot bands. If the bands are the welded type, they must be cut to be removed. After removing the bands, push the CV-joint boot away from the end of the halfshaft to gain access to the CV-joint.
- Remove the CV-joint. Mark the components during disassembly to ensure proper positioning during reassembly.
- Remove the CV-boot.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Check the CV-joint components for wear prior to installation and replace as necessary.
- Thoroughly pack the CV-joint and boot with molybdenum disulfide grease. Always install NEW boot bands.
- Install the halfshaft assembly.