REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1Station Wagon Only
- Raise the rear of the vehicle and support it on stands placed on the frame. Remove the wheels.
- Remove the shock absorber lower mounting bolt.
- Remove the nuts from the U-bolt and remove the U-bolts, bump rubber, and clamp bracket.
- Unbolt the front and rear spring shackle bolts, remove the bolts, and remove the spring.
- First position the spring on the axle and install the front and rear shackle bolts. Apply a soapy water solution to the bushings to ease installation. Do not tighten the shackle nuts yet.
- Install the U-bolts, spring clamp bracket and bump rubber loosely on the axle and spring.
- Install the wheels and lower the vehicle. Tighten the front and rear shackle bolts to 33 ft. lbs. Also tighten the U-bolt nuts to 33 ft. lbs., after the shackle bolts have been tightened.
- Install the shock absorber to the lower mount. Tighten to 33 ft. lbs.