REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Refer to the Steering Wheel, Removal & Installation procedures in this section and remove the steering wheel.
- Disconnect the column wiring harness and coupler.
Be careful not to damage the steering column or shaft.
- Remove the upper and lower column covers.
- If equipped cruise control, remove the slip ring.
- Remove the turn signal canceling sleeve.
- On later models, remove the switch retaining screws, then, remove the switch.
- Loosen the turn signal switch cam nut screw and lightly tap its head to permit the cam nut to loosen. Remove the turn signal switch assembly and the steering shaft upper bushing.
- Install the switch assembly.
- When installing the turn signal switch assembly, engage the locating tab on the switch with the notch in the steering column. The steering shaft upper bushing should be installed with the flat side facing the upper side of the column. The alignment notch for the turn signal switch will be centered on the flat side of the bushing.
If the cam nut has been removed on the earlier models, be sure to install it with the small end up.
- Reverse all remaining removal steps. Check operation of all related components.