REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Using a drain pan, disconnect the cooler return hose from the reservoir and drain the fluid. Start the engine and allow it to run at fast idle. Turn the steering wheel from lock-to-lock several times, until the fluid stops running from the hose. Turn OFF the engine and discard the fluid. Reattach the hose.
- Disconnect the inlet and outlet hoses from the pump.
- Remove the drive belt.
- Remove the bolts and the pump.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures. Adjust the drive belt tension.
- Refill the reservoir with fresh fluid, to the Full mark. Use only genuine Honda power steering fluid or equivalent. Bleed the power steering system.
- Loosen the adjuster arm bolt.
- Move the pump, until the belt can be depressed approximately 15mm at the midpoint between the two pulleys under moderate thumb pressure. If the tension adjustment is being made on a new belt, the deflection should only be about 11mm, to allow for the initial stretching of the belt.
There is a raised bump on the top of the adjusting arm. If the belt has stretched to the point where the adjustment bolt is at or beyond the bump, the belt should be replaced.
- Check and/or refill the power steering reservoir.
- Start the engine and operate it at fast idle.
- Turn the steering wheel from side-to-side several times, lightly contacting the stops; this will bleed the system of air.
- Check the reservoir level and add fluid if necessary.