REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. If so equipped, disable the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS).
- Safely discharge the air conditioning system using the proper recovery/recycling equipment.
- Remove the evaporator case, then separate the case halves.
- Remove the sensing bulb from the evaporator tube. Discard the tape.
If the expansion valve is to be reused, use care when removing and handling it. If the capillary tube or sensing bulb becomes damaged, the expansion valve must be replaced.
- Loosen the fittings securing the expansion valve to the evaporator core tubes. Remove the expansion valve.
- If equipped, lightly lubricate new O-rings with clean refrigerant oil and install them onto the expansion valve. Lightly lubricate the fittings with refrigerant oil, then connect the lines.
- Position the sensing bulb on the evaporator tube, then secure it with tape. Be sure the capillary tube is positioned so it will not become damaged.
Do not use ordinary tape to secure the sensing bulb. There is a tape specifically designed for this purpose available at most auto parts stores or your Honda dealer.
- Assemble the evaporator case and install it in the vehicle.
- If applicable, enable the SRS.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Evacuate and recharge the air conditioning system.