REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Safely discharge the air conditioning system using the proper recovery/recycling equipment.
- Loosen the fittings securing the refrigerant lines to the receiver/drier. Cap the lines to prevent entry of dirt and moisture.
- Remove the receiver/drier from its mount, then remove it from the vehicle.
fl. oz. (10 cc) of refrigerant oil to the new receiver/drier unit. Use the following types of refrigerant oil:
1984-89 Accords and 1984-91 Preludes-use a quality R-12 refrigerant oil
Do not use R-12 refrigerant, oil or components on R-134a systems and vice versa. Expensive system damage may result as they are not compatible.
- Install and secure the receiver/drier unit in its mount.
- If equipped, lightly lubricate new O-rings with clean refrigerant oil and install them onto the refrigerant lines. Lightly lubricate the fittings with refrigerant oil, then connect the lines. Tighten them to 12 ft. lbs. (17 Nm) on 1984-93 Accords and 1984-91 Preludes. On 1994-95 Accords and 1992-95 Preludes, tighten the fittings to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).
- Evacuate and recharge the system.