See Figure 1
- Insure the ignition switch is OFF .
- Using a syringe or similar device, remove all the fluid from the master cylinder reservoir and the modulator reservoir.
- Remove the red cover from the bleeder port on top of the pump assembly.
- Install the bleeding tool onto the bleeder. Make certain the reservoir cap on the tool is secured.
- Using the tool, turn the bleeder about 90 degrees to admit high pressure fluid into the reservoir. As the pressure drops, turn the bleeder open about 1 full turn to completely relieve the system.
- Retighten the bleeder to 4 ft. lbs. (5.5 Nm) and remove the tool. Discard the captured brake fluid; do not reuse it. Install the red cap on the bleeder port.