REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. If so equipped, disable the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), as described in Chassis Electrical .
- At the top of the clutch pedal, remove the cotter pin and pull the pedal pin out of the yoke.
- Remove the nuts and bolts holding the clutch master cylinder and remove the cylinder from the engine compartment.
- Disconnect and plug the hydraulic lines from the master cylinder.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Bleed the clutch hydraulic system.
Overhaul of the clutch master cylinder is not recommended. In the event that the master cylinder requires replacement, it is recommended to replace both the master cylinder and slave cylinder as a set for added reliability.