REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Models Without Supplemental Restraint System
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the steering wheel. Please refer to Suspension & Steering for the procedure.
- Separate the back cover from the steering wheel by removing the retaining screws.
- Remove the screws securing the cruise control switch, then remove the switch from the steering wheel.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
See Figure 2
- Disconnect the battery cables, then disable the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS).
- Carefully remove the switch cover by prying between the cover and switch using the sequence shown in the illustration.
- Remove the screws securing the switch assembly to the steering wheel, then pull the switch assembly from the wheel.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Be sure to enable the SRS.