REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the valve cover(s).
- Loosen the camshaft sprocket bolt. Have an assistant hold the crankshaft pulley center bolt with an appropriate sized wrench to prevent the engine from turning.
- Turn the crankshaft pulley until cylinder No. 1 is at Top Dead Center of the compression stroke.
- Remove the timing belt.
- Remove the center bolt from the sprocket, then carefully remove it from the camshaft. The sprocket is aligned to the shaft with a Woodruff key; don't lose it.
- Make certain the groove in the end of the camshaft is facing up. If necessary, the cam(s) may be turned at the faceted casting of the camshaft (do not use the lobes).
Install the key, then install the pulley. Make certain the original washer is reinstalled with the retaining bolt. Tighten the retaining bolt to the following:
Except Prelude with VTEC and Accord V-6-27 ft. lbs. (38 Nm)
- Install the timing belt.
- Install the valve cover(s).
- Start the engine. Check the work area carefully for any sign of fluid leakage or any indication of the belt rubbing or slapping the covers.