REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the accessory drive belts.
- If necessary, secure the crankshaft with a flywheel holding tool.
For some engines, a special pulley holder tool is available to secure the pulley while removing and installing the bolt (refer to the illustration).
- Remove the crankshaft pulley bolt.
This bolt can be difficult to remove. Spray the bolt with penetrating oil and allow it to soak overnight.
- Carefully remove the pulley from the crankshaft. Do not pry it off.
- Remove the key from the crankshaft sprocket. Be sure not to lose it.
- If necessary, remove the tool holding the crankshaft.
- Install the key on the crankshaft sprocket, then slide the pulley onto the crank.
- Apply clean engine oil to the threads of the crank pulley bolt, but not to the contact surfaces of the washer.
- Secure the crankshaft either with a flywheel holding tool, or if applicable, the pulley holder tool.
Tighten the pulley bolt as follows:
1984-89 Accord and 1984-87 Prelude-83 ft. lbs. (115 Nm)
- Install the accessory drive belts.