REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- On some models, it may be necessary to disconnect the coolant hoses from the radiator to allow clearance for removing the fans. If so, drain the cooling system, then disconnect the hoses.
- Unplug the fan electrical connections.
- Remove the mounting bolts holding the fan shroud and remove the shroud with the fan. Once removed, the fan blade may be unbolted from the shaft and the fan motor removed from the shroud.
- Position the fan on the radiator and install the mounting bolts. Tighten them to 5 ft. lbs. (7 Nm).
- Engage the electrical connections.
- If applicable, refill the cooling system.
- Start the engine and allow it run until it reaches normal operating temperature. Check that the fan(s) turn on. Check for leaks.