REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Firmly apply the parking brake and block the rear wheels.
- Raise and support the front of the vehicle on jackstands.
- Drain the engine oil.
- If necessary for additional clearance, remove the center beam.
- Disconnect the exhaust pipe from the exhaust manifold(s), then position it aside or remove it from the vehicle.
- If equipped with flywheel dust shield, it may be necessary to remove it for access.
- If equipped, disconnect the breather hose from the oil pan.
- Remove the oil pan nuts/bolts (in a crisscross pattern) and the oil pan. If necessary, use a mallet to tap the corners of the oil pan. DO NOT pry on the pan to get it loose.
- Remove and discard the old gasket.
- Use a new gasket. Apply sealant at the inner corners of the pan, where it matches to the crank seals.
- Install the pan. Tighten the nuts/bolts to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm). Use an alternating or crisscross pattern to tighten the nuts and bolts.
- If applicable, connect the breather hoses to the oil pan.
- Install and/or connect the exhaust pipe to the manifold.
- Install the flywheel dust cover, center beam and lower mount if they were removed.
- Lower the vehicle to the ground. Install clean, fresh oil.
- Start the engine, allowing it to idle. Check for leaks.