REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
This procedure is applicable to the Accord V-6 only.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove any components necessary to access the covers.
- Remove the bolts securing the side covers to the cylinder heads.
- If the cover is difficult to remove, use a plastic mallet to bump it loose. Never use a metal object to strike the cover.
- Clean the gasket mounting surfaces and discard the old gasket.
- Install the side covers using new gaskets. Tighten the bolts to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm).
- Install any components removed earlier.
- Connect the negative battery cable.