REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- With the engine cold, drain the cooling system.
- Disconnect the radiator hose from the thermostat housing outlet.
- Remove the thermostat housing outlet and remove the thermostat.
- Using a putty knife, clean the gasket mounting surfaces.
If the thermostat is equipped with a pin valve, be sure to install the thermostat with the pin facing upward.To install:
- Install a new thermostat the gasket, O-ring or sealant (as applicable). Always install the spring end of the thermostat facing the engine.
- Tighten the thermostat cover-to-thermostat housing bolts to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm).
- Connect the radiator hose to the thermostat housing.
- Fill, then bleed the cooling system. Check for leaks.