REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- On some models, it will be necessary to remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the ground cable, the spark plug wires (if necessary) and the throttle cable (if necessary) from the rocker arm cover.
- If equipped, disconnect the PCV hose from the rocker arm cover.
- Remove the rocker arm cover-to-cylinder head nuts/bolts, the washer/grommet assemblies and the rocker arm cover.
If the cover is difficult to remove, use a plastic mallet to bump it loose. Never use a metal object to strike the cover.
- Clean the gasket mounting surfaces and check the gasket for deformation.
- Generally, the rubber gasket may be reused if in good condition. Fit it into the flange in the cover, making sure it is not twisted.
- Install the cover and gasket onto the head. Install the insulators.
- Install the ground wire, then install the nuts. Tighten the rocker arm cover-to-cylinder head nuts/bolts to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm) on the Accord V-6 or 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm) on other models.
- Reinstall the air cleaner, spark plug wires or other components removed for access.