REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Open the hood and support it on the prop rod.
- Disconnect the washer hose from the hood.
- Matchmark the hinge position on the hood (use a felt-tipped marker.)
- Have an assistant secure the hood.
- Remove the hood-to-hinge bolts and lift the hood with the help of an assistant.
- If the hinges are to be removed, matchmark their position and remove the mounting bolts.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Loosely install the hood and align the matchmarks. Adjust the position.
- Connect the washer hose.
Once the hood is installed, tighten the hood-to-hinge bolts just snug. Close the hood and check the seam alignment.
Loosen the bolts and position the hood as necessary, then snug them and recheck. Continue the process until the hood latches smoothly and aligns evenly at all the seams.
Do not adjust hood position by moving the latch.
Shims may be used behind the hinge mounts if necessary. When everything aligns correctly, final-tighten the bolts to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm.)
The elevation of the hood at the latch end may be adjusted by turning the rubber stops or cushions. These bumpers have threaded bottoms and move up or down when turned. An annoying hood rattle on bumps may be caused by these cushions being missing or out of adjustment.