REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
Except for 1988-91 Prelude, the mirrors can be removed from the door without disassembling the door liner or other components. On 1988-91 Preludes, the door panel must be removed. Both left and right outside mirrors may be either manual remote (small lever on the inside to adjust the mirror) or electric remote. If the mirror glass is damaged, replacements may be available through your dealer or a reputable glass shop. If the plastic housing is cracked or damaged, the entire mirror unit must be replaced. To remove the mirror:
- If the mirror is manual remote, check to see if the adjusting handle is retained by a hidden screw, usually under an end cap on the lever. If so, remove the screw and remove the adjusting knob.
- Remove the triangular inner cover where the mirror mounts to the door. It can be removed with a blunt plastic or wooden tool. Don't use a screwdriver; the plastic may become marred.
- Depending on the model and style of mirror, there may be concealment plugs under the cover. Remove them. If electric connectors are present, unplug them.
- Support the mirror housing from the outside and remove the three bolts or nuts securing the mirror to the door. Remove the mirror.
- Fit the mirror to the door and install the nuts and bolts to secure it. Connect any wiring. Pay particular attention to the placement and alignment of any gaskets or weatherstrips around the mirror; serious wind noises may result from careless work.
- Install the cover, pressing it firmly into position. Install the control lever knob if it was removed.
- If applicable, install the door panel.