REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. If equipped with an air bag, properly disable the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), as detailed in Chassis Electrical .
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Disconnect the sway bar ends from both lower control arms.
- Remove the bolts retaining the sway bar bushing brackets.
- Remove the sway bar.
Examine the rubber bushings very carefully for any splits or deformation. Clean the inner and outer surfaces of the bushings before installation.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Make certain the bushings are properly seated in their brackets. Tighten the brackets to 12 ft. lbs. (16 Nm) and the end mounts or link bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Properly enable the SRS system, if equipped, and connect the negative battery cable.