REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The heater control valve for 1984-85 Accords is mounted at the side of the heater case in the car. All others are at the firewall in the engine compartment. When removing or installing the valve, take care not to damage or kink the control cable.
- Drain the coolant.
- Disconnect the heater valve cable from the valve.
- Place a drain pan under the valve, particularly on Accords with the valve inside the car. Loosen and remove the hose clamps at the valve. Disconnect the hoses from the valve.
- If the valve is held by a retaining screw or bolt, remove it. Remove the valve.
- Fit the valve into position. Install the hoses with new clamps and secure the retaining bolt.
- Refill the cooling system.
- Adjust the control cables.