The inside mirrors on all Hondas are designed to break loose under impact. If your mirror has fallen or been knocked off the mount, it can usually be reinstalled without any new parts.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the rubber damper from the shaft of the mirror if one is present.
- Carefully pry off the plastic cover. On 1988-91 Preludes, press in at the front of the cover to release the clips. Remove the cover.
- Remove the retaining screws securing the base. On some Preludes, the screws also hold the warning lamp assembly; be prepared to remove and disconnect it.
- Remove the large cross-point screw securing the mirror to the base.
- Reassemble in reverse order.