REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
This valve is located at the side of the intake chamber or plenum, downstream of the throttle body.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the wiring connector at the valve.
- Label and disconnect the vacuum hoses from the unit.
- Remove the mounting bolts and remove the valve. Remove and discard the O-rings from the ports.
- Install new O-rings and make certain they are properly seated.
- Install the valve and the retaining bolts. The pintle or control valve for the EACV must seat correctly in its port. Tighten the EACV bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm)
- Connect the vacuum hoses to the valve; make certain each hose is connected to the proper port. Engage the electrical connector.