REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Remove any components which may interfere with the fuel rail assembly removal.
- Unplug the electrical connector of each injector.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose and fuel return hose from the pressure regulator.
Place a rag or shop towel over hose and tube before disconnecting.
- Disconnect the fuel line from the rail assembly.
- Remove the nuts/bolts securing the fuel rail. Take note of any ground cables which may be attached at these points.
- Remove the fuel rail assembly from the engine.
- Remove the injectors.
- Install the fuel injectors into the fuel rail assembly (refer to the procedure outlined previously in this section).
- Install the injectors and fuel rail as an assembly into the intake manifold. Tighten the retaining nuts/bolts to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm). Be sure to reinstall any ground cables which may have been attached at these points.
- Connect the fuel line to the rail assembly. Be sure to use new sealing washers.
- Connect the vacuum hose and fuel return hose to the pressure regulator.
- Engage the electrical connectors to the injectors.
- Turn the ignition switch ON but do not operate starter. After fuel pump runs for approximately two seconds, fuel pressure in fuel line will rise. Repeat this two or three times, then check for any fuel leakage.