REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The injector resistor is located in the engine compartment on the left fender apron (near the strut tower) or on the left side of the firewall.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the wiring connector of the resistor.
- Remove or disconnect any wiring harness clamps or retainers secured on the resistor harness.
- Remove the retaining nuts/bolts securing the resistor, then remove it from the vehicle.
- Reinstall in the reverse order of removal.
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- With the ignition OFF , unplug the harness connector from the injector resistor.
- Measure the resistance between each of the resistor terminals and the power terminal of the connector. Refer to the illustrations to determine which is the power terminal.
- Correct resistance between the power terminal and each other resistor terminal is 5-7 ohms. If any circuit is out of range, the resistor must be replaced.