REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the air intake tube from the throttle body.
- Drain the cooling system, at least to a level below the throttle body.
- Disconnect the coolant hoses running to the throttle body.
- Label and disconnect the vacuum hoses from the throttle body.
- Unplug the wiring connector(s) from the throttle body.
- Label and disconnect the throttle control and/or accelerator cable. Do not kink the cable.
- Remove the nuts securing the throttle body to the intake chamber or plenum. Loosen each nut 1-2 turns at a time to release the pressure evenly.
- Remove the throttle body assembly. Remove and discard the gasket.
- Install a new gasket on the plenum; install the throttle body onto the studs. Note that the gasket is usually not symmetric; there is only one correct position for it.
- Install the retaining nuts. Tighten them evenly and alternately to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Install the throttle control and/or accelerator cables.
- Connect the vacuum hoses and wiring.
- Connect the coolant hoses.
- Refill the cooling system.
- Connect the air intake ducts.