REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The rear washer for hatchback models works from the front reservoir. Separate pumps for the front and rear circuits are located on the washer reservoir.
- Disconnect and remove the battery.
- Disconnect the washer hose(s) from the pump(s).
- Unplug the wiring connector.
- Remove the retaining bolts. Remove the washer reservoir with the motor(s) attached.
- Remove the motor from the reservoir.
- Reassemble in reverse order.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- To gain access to the reservoir, either remove the front bumper or engine under cover.
- Disconnect the filler tube.
- Unplug the electrical connector and remove the hose(s) from the pump(s).
- Remove the washer tank with the motor(s) attached by lowering it out of the car.
- Remove the motor from the reservoir. On Preludes, the motor is held by a retaining clamp.
- Reassemble in reverse order. Make certain the motor is firmly seated on the reservoir and all clamps and seals are in place. Don't forget to connect the wiring and hoses. Take care to align the bumper properly.