REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Protect the trunk and surrounding trim and painted areas using cardboard and masking tape. A thick masking tape is available at local body and paint supply stores. Cover and protect any corners, sharp edges or protruding objects.
- Open the trunk and support it in the open position.
- If necessary, remove any trim panels for access to the trunk retaining bolts.
- Detach any necessary wiring from the trunk. If necessary, use tape to keep the wiring pulled aside.
- Inspect and make sure all applicable wiring connectors are disconnected and removed.
- Matchmark the location of the hinges/bolts on the trunk and/or vehicle frame.
- Remove the bolts and remove the trunk assembly.
If necessary, make shims out of scrap sheet metal, paint stirring sticks or cardboard and tape in place with masking tape to the area to be aligned or shimmed.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Make sure to align the trunk with the marks made earlier and tighten the bolts.