REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The conventional clamped fitting is used when a flexible hose is installed over a fitting and clamped in place. This type of fuel fitting is found in a variety of locations and sizes throughout the vehicle, such as the fuel filler neck and Evaporative Canister hoses. The flexible fuel hose is installed over a fitting with a clamp to secure the hose to the fitting. The clamp is either spring loaded and released using a pliers, or mechanically tightened, requiring a screwdriver or related tool to loosen or tighten.
To remove a clamped type fitting, perform the following:
- Release the clamp's tension and slide the clamp off the section of hose that is attached to the fitting.
- Carefully slide the hose off the fitting.
- Carefully slide the hose over the fitting.
- Center the clamp over the middle of the section of hose covering the fitting.
- Release the clamp or tighten as necessary.